As you guys probably know by now, I get really excited about finding natural alternatives and solutions to our everyday needs – there is nothing better than being able to create your own wellbeing at home.
Ways I use aloe vera …
1. Exfoliator / moisturiser in one! : split them open and sprinkle some sugar on them then rub them over your body
2. Boil leaves in water & inhale to help with asthma symptoms and clearing sinuses
3. Sun burn remedy – rub over burn areas – cools & reduces inflammation
4. Face mask – apply by itself, i like to blend aloe gel and avocado for a super moisturising restorative mask!
5. Remove itchiness from insect bites / rashes
6. Take it as a ‘supplement’ – adding little cubes to salads or smoothies because it contains many vitamins including A, C, E, folic acid, B1, B2, B3, B6 & vitamin B12. Some of the 20 minerals found in Aloe vera include: calcium, magnesium, chromium, zinc, selenium, sodium, potassium, copper, manganese & iron
7. Treat & protect acne – its antimicrobial AND forms a protective barrier over the skin (great for after a face scrub or ‘open’ acne -overnight protect)
8. Sooth crackling skin – rub over heal
9. Hair leave-in treatment – you can just add a little to you hands and smooth it gently through your hair (or you can
10. Drink aloe vera juice to relieve gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, it helps with keeping things flowing and a bunch of other benefits for your digestive system,